Sunday, February 9, 2014

Poems

I wanted to share with you all some poems I have been writing during our time here so far, inspired by our experiences as well as my own thoughts:


On Original Sin

Ah! The force that bringeth tears,
That giveth hate and wringeth fears.
I see we strive and strive in vain
Against the power bringing pain.

Why do you ask, "What is this thing?"
We know it all, and thus we sing.
With it now we all must cope
And fight it with this bit of hope.


Transfigured

It is good for us to be here
Therefore go


The Way

Here is another traveler
Carrying a cross
On a narrow road
Hard to find.

He leads a group of twelve
No: eleven
For one has turned
From the Way
Narrow and hard to find.

7 comments:

  1. Price: Stunning and brings forth tears. The Transfigured poem really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Price,
    Wow! These poems and words have truly touched my heart and soul! Thank you for your service and ministry Price. I love you! Tell everyone I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Price: That was amazing and a really great poem. We can't wait to see you and hear what it was like when you saw our orphans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We meant to say Jack and Sam!

      Delete
  4. Price, these are powerful and beautifully written. Thank you for sharing them, brother. We prayed for you in Small Group last night. We missed you, but are so thankful for what you are doing and the way you are representing us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this Price! Thanks

    ReplyDelete